What’s the difference between Categories v Tags in WordPress. How to add Categories and Tags and how to add them in a post in WordPress.
Categories v Tags in WordPress
Categories group similar blog posts together. Imagine a travel blog, there might be categories like Mountains and Lakes. A reader of the blog can click on a Mountains and they will be shown all of the articles in that Category.
Tags help to provide extra details to help search engines like Google discover a blog post. If a blog post is titled: What activities are there to do in the mountains? – You would expect to see Tags such as Hiking, climbing, etc. A a reader can usually click on a Tag and it will take them to a page where they can see all of the articles with that Tag.
Another significant difference between Categories and Tags in WordPress is that all posts must have a Category assigned, whereas there is no requirement for Tags to be assigned against a post.
What is covered in this tutorial?
- How to add Categories in WordPress
- How to add Tags in WordPress
- How to add Categories to a post in WordPress
- How to add Tags to a post in WordPress
- How to create a new Category in a post in WordPress
- How to create a new Tags in a post in WordPress